Sunday, January 2, 2011

Subtle and Fresh!



I just bought a copy of Whole Living Magazine (formally Body +Soul) and was inspired by some of the recipes I found inside. Tonight I tried the Linguine with Toasted almonds, parsley and lemon. Here's the recipe and my review:

I added another ingredient to this recipe that it didn't originally call for: Greek Kalamata olives. My husband is not a big "nut" fan so I didn't think he'd want the toasted almonds on his, so I had to think of something else that would compliment the flavors that I knew he would like. It was a welcome addition and in the end we added the toasted almonds with the kalamata olives- it was a great combo!!!

Here's the recipe and ingredients list:
8oz of whole wheat linguine (I couldn't find linguine so I used spaghetti. I used Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta)
salt for pasta water
1 cup raw almonds toasted and chopped
1 cup parsley leaves, chopped
zest of one lemon
juice of one lemon
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or almond oil
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated hard cheese- I used an asiago, parmesan, romano mix. delish!!

cook pasta according to directions on box with the salted water. Toss pasta with the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with cheese.

The above photo of the finished product is without the toasted almonds. This dish was subtly flavored and really light! The combo of lemon and parsley really made it taste fresh. It is a dish I would definitely make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment