Sunday, October 12, 2008

BEST Bridal Shower EVER!!!








Today was my fabulous bridal shower, which my dearest friends threw for me!!! It was exactly how I wanted it, casual, no games and no strippers hee hee!!! Oh, and nothing that required batteries!

The day started out great- the sun was shining, the heater was working, and I had plenty of time to get beautified. I opted for no breakfast, knowing that there was going to be tons of food and alot of it stuff that's bad for you so I figured if I skipped breakfast then I could have a cupcake AND cake!!

I arrived a bit late but that didn't matter because so did everyone else!! Once everyone arrived, it was wonderful to see some of my most favorite people in the world all in one room. We sorely missed Danielle (who had a good reason not to be there),  Julie (who was out of town), and Candice (who was also out of town). You were all there in spirit and I think we all ate enough food for you all too!! In fact there were so many leftovers that you'll be enjoying the food too!!!

We talked, took tons of pictures and ate, ate, ate!!! Maggie insisted that I have a giant pink champagne cake from the Madonna Inn, because every girl needs a giant pink cake at some point in life and  Jenn made me special cupcakes because she knew that I wanted them!!! I have such amazing friends and it was such an honor to have everyone come together for me!! I'm not used to being the reason people gather so I was a bit nervous to be the center of attention, but I'm so glad Maggie and Rudianne made me do it!! I know that all of my salon girls had a hand in this day and I'm so grateful!!!! I LOVE my co-workers!!!!!! I wanted to cry happy tears when I read all of the cards and just felt the love. It's not often that a girl gets to be surrounded by all of her friends and sees her support system right there in front of her cheering her on. 

I have to take this moment to publicly say thanks to all of my ladies for coming today- some of us have a long history and it was such a blessing to have you all there. Some of you travelled long distances, more than one of you took time from your family tragedies to celebrate with me, some were there in spite of recent illness and some were just there in our hearts. I love you all, and cherish each and every one of you! You have all been there for me at one time or another, celebrating and experiencing different stages of this journey I've been on- some have been there since DAY ONE (geez that was a LONG time ago) and some are more recent friends witnessing the "final" stages of this long journey to the altar. You are all important to me and I just want you and everyone else to know it!!!!!!

Thank you friends!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. today was very fun! I am sooo happy that I was invited to your bridal shower! I needed some Ahshe girl time:) I miss you guys so much and am so happy that I could spend this beautiful day with you:) I can't wait for wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete