Monday, October 6, 2008

Lovin' the house.....


*(note on photo above: the striped chair is not staying so ignore it and the fact that it clashes horribly with my other things! )
I love, love my little house!!! I never thought I'd enjoy living alone but I'm loving it! I thought I'd be jittery and jump at every noise but I'm surprisingly calm about everything and just blissfully happy. Daniel's a bit worried that I've already gotten used to "spinsterhood" as he calls it but I'll be just as blissfully happy- in fact more so- when he moves in and completes my life. 
Daniel will be here in just under 2 weeks and I'm OVER THE MOON about it!!!!!!!! I'm so excited that I keep forgetting that we're not done with the immigration process and still have a lot of crap to get through before it is a sealed done deal. But I'm choosing to ignore all of this so I can fully enjoy this moment in my life where everything I've been wanting and dreaming about for the last 8 years is finally happening!!!
On another note, I've been getting emails from my future father-in-law and they are just too witty! Daniel and his father are more alike than I think I knew. Daniel has always said they have the same sense of humor and silliness gene and he's right. His dad is charming in that totally English eccentric way. I think Daniel lives a bit in fear that I'll love his dad, because their family has a lot of issues that are years old and they haven't worked them all out. I became great friends with his mother much to his horror. I eventually understood why he didn't want us to be friends, which we no longer are (a very long story which I think Daniel would like me to keep to myself for the time being). My loyalties will always be with Daniel and he knows that but I can't help but like his dad. I'll find out for sure how I feel because after 8 years of being with Daniel I'll finally be meeting his dad (and stepmom). And to make it even crazier they are staying with my parents for a week before the wedding!! At least if things aren't totally rosey my in-laws live 6000 miles away, but I know I'll be charmed with "Dad 2" as he refers to himself.

2 comments:

  1. Leah, it's so fun to see this progress... I wish I could have seen it since day one, because I have a feeling you both have come so far and learned so much. I think I could learn a lesson or two from you about patience:) I am completely excited and happy for you that this is finally here. Embrace every minute, even the awkwardness of in laws, but I have a feeling it's going to be just fine:) Love, Stevie

    ReplyDelete